Here is a quick tutorial to get you on your way!
The main confusion on facebook has been the business page vs. personal page. A fanpage for your business is completely separate from your personal page, although you can access both from one account.
Let's start at the very beginning.
- Don't have a facebook account yet? Go to www.facebook.com and click "sign up" to create one. Follow directions from there to create your personal account, then check back here and follow the rest of this list.
- If you already have a personal facebook page go to www.facebook.com without signing in. On the main page you will see "create a page for your band or business." Click!
- Enter how you wish your shop to be categorized and make sure your page name is your Etsy shop name. Click "create page" and get going!
- Now you can to fill in all of your info about your shop, your website links, upload photos of your items and much more!
- Once your page is set up you will want to get yourself some fans by clicking on the "suggest to friends" link to your left under your avatar photo. (See below)
There you go! Good luck with your new page!
One more quick tip. Once you navigate away from your fanpage it can be hard to find again! Just look to the very bottom left of your personal page and click on the little blue icon to the right of "applications" (pages tab). There it is!
Join me for future posts about facebook and Etsy applications, importing your blog and linking your facebook page to twitter! Make sure to write me on facebook so I can fan your page!!